We have made these for years and years. It is not Christmas if we do not make peanut blossoms.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 48 Hershey’s® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates unwrapped
- 1 ) Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, shortening, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg; mix with electric mixer on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- 2) Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 3) Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately top each cookie with 1 milk chocolate candy, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge; remove from cookie sheets.