This so remind me of my Mom! I miss her!
Lovely fluffy meringues with chocolate chips.
- 4 egg room temperature whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating with rotary beater or mixer until very stiff and glossy
- Stir in salt, vanilla and chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoonful of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased brown wrapping paper
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set and delicately browned.
- Remove paper with baked kisses and place on wet towel. The steam will loosen the cookies. Let stand one minute and remove. Slip off with spatula