- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Scatter nuts over bottom of a lightly buttered 9x9x2 pan.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly
- then boil for 7 minutes (or to 270)
- Put mixture over nuts in pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Cover for 2 minutes. Then spread chocolate evenly. Chill until chocolate is firm.
- Remove from pan.
- Break up into pieces.