So it is Christmas Cookie Baking weekend! Adding my recipes to my blog in case the program I am using (Plan to eat) goes away. I have no clue who Aunt Lucy is, but bless her soul!!!!
Taken from the Who Wants Candy Book by Jane Sharrock
- 3 cups peanuts, raw unsalted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Corn Syrup, light
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- Butter 2 large baking sheets. If using large nuts, cur or break the nuts into smaller pieces.
- In a heavy 5-quart kettle over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixtures begins to boil.
- When the mixture reaches a full, rolling boil, stir in the butter until melted. Reduce the heat slightly to medium low, maintaining a medium boil. Cook, stirring frequently, to the soft crack stage (280 F)
- Sit in the nuts. Cook, stirring frequently, to the hard crack stage (300F)
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the baking soda until well blended. Quickly put the mixture onto buttered baking sheets, spreading evenly across both pans. If desired, use two forks or the back of the spoon to spread the candy into the extra thin layer. Cool and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.