So I had two card ideas for Birthday, the Hap-PEA Birthday, and making a shaker card with balloons. This was the first shaker card I ever made. and I learned a lot about what to do first, last, glue, etc. I thought I had it set in my mind what to do in what order but I learned a few things and how to redo things over again. I also learned that wet glue is too tricky for this process!!!! But I learned, and I like the card, even though there were mistakes made.
To start with I made a card front with the three balloons from the Papertrey Ink Balloon Dash die set and the BirthdayTrio die set. After that I used post it notes (the new ones that are for labels that are sticky all over the back) to cut balloons to mask the balloons. Then removing the one mask, I used distress ink to color the area where the balloon will be. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn. Once all the balloon areas were inked, I then used copic markers to make the color banner for the bottom. I used the following markers
Y04, Y13, G09, G14, B05, B21
I then used the die cut of the word birthday and put it back into the paper and lined up the inside of the a, d and space before the y. Next time I do this, I will just add it to the acetate. Then I put the balloon masks back on the card and built a foam tape wall around each balloon. I used 2 layers of foam tape to make it large enough for the sequins. Once I was done with that, I cut a piece of acetate and added to the card front with the die cuts holes. This is where I made a big mistake, I put foam tape to the bottom of the card below the words. When I tried to put the acetate on, it would not lay down, I should have put the acetate on first. Then I glued the acetate down on the card. Another mistake, the glue oozed all over and seeped into the acetate, then it got on the front and got all icky. BIG mistake. So I decided to cut another front but because I had did the back already I wanted it lined up so I used the front as a guide. Well I got glue all over the die, and everything else. Ok, I cleaned everything up and cut it out again. The die was not perfect and you can see the words are a bit off and the spaces are off. But at this point, I was just so tired of this and the deadline was looming. So my card is not perfect
Once I did it again and cut the acetate on first and used a dry tape to glue it together it worked better. I got some really cool sequins from Studio Calico that had two shades of sequins per pack. I filled the balloons and put the top on. Perfect!!
I took some plain bakers twine and colored it it the copics and tied it onto the balloon bottoms and finished the card.
I like it a lot and I learned a lot. NO GLUE….LOL
I hope you enjoy it and please leave some comment love!!!!!